header

header

3.20.2008

Artist = Pig?


I'm not proud of this, but I'm going to reveal my work space to try to shame myself into cleaning it up! I work in a huge mess and for some reason it doesn't bother me at all while I'm busy. The second I finish up I look around and think, God I'm a pig!


So this is it, down in my basement studio. I'm in the basement mostly because my husband can't stand the mess and I can't seem to help it. I get in a creative groove then suddenly, poof! Mess!


Once I finish up my project I need to start dinner, laundry, homework with the kids (Etsy forums, sshhh) and I've missed my chance to clean it up. Now my secret is out and it's up to all of you to guilt me into shaping up. I should warn you, I'm very stubborn.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like my bathroom after I've gotten ready in a BIG hurry - or my kitchen about every night after I've made dinner! I think the most creative people are messy - and really I'd rather be creative and messy than boring and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does it have to be neat? You know where everything is right? I think it's OK to have a place that is all your own...messy...just how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you've talked me into it. Neatness is obviously over rated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jennifer! Thanks for visiting my blog a while ago! I saw your name and said no way! My mom says I was named after that song. I used to have the album too! Awesome blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's what creative is all about! I am wanting to tidy up my workspace too and got some gorgeous fabric covered storage boxes yesterday to try and inspire myself into a Spring clean! Pretty things can always help :) Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're ashamed of THAT??? I only clean my studio when there are no more horizontal surfaces and I find that I'm having to push stuff out of the way to even find space to work on the floor. (Haven't been brave enough to post that on my blog yet....)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work