header

header

5.28.2009

The Best BBQ Ribs



The Big Guy had a birthday this week and one of his favorite meals was on the menu: BBQ Ribs. It's spicy, manly, and messy - perfect for a Big Guy birthday dinner.

Pick up some baby back ribs and let's get to work on this recipe that yields tender and delicious ribs.

Let's start with the ingredients for the dry rub:

4 T. paprika
2 T. chili powder
2 T. ground cumin
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. salt
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. sugar
1 T. ground black pepper
1-2 tsp. cayenne pepper




Rinse and dry your ribs well, then rub with the the spice mixture. You should be able to use the whole amount on two racks of ribs.

Wrap them in foil and refrigerate for at least an hour, you can even do this the day before.



Bake in a 325 degree oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours wrapped tightly in the foil.

Remove from the oven, brush with BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's) and cook on a charcoal grill for 20-30 minutes. For a nice smokey flavor, add some wood chips that have been soaked in water to the grate and cover.



Serve with steak fries - there's no veggies for a Big Guy birthday dinner.



Even little Big Guys like it!



Clean your plate and you just might get birthday cake.



Happy Birthday Guy!

6 comments:

  1. Perfect timing!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to get my new grill this weekend and I've been craving ribs for weeks!! As a matter of fact I was just going through my "new" cookbook looking for a rib recipe a few minutes ago!!! My dad is coming Sunday to pick up Cubby for the week and I wanted to have a bar-b-q.......thanks so much!!!!!
    Look for my baked bean recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had ribs in years I think - now I'm craving them. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to make ribs last night but didn't because I couldn't find a recipe I liked. This is perfect timing! Looks like ribs are back on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is little big guy really that neat when eating ribs?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would LOVE this, but I have never made ribs. They creep me out. I will try to get over myself one of these days and try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is summertime. And time for ribs. I always like trying a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work