header

header

10.26.2011

Glow-In-The-Dark Flag Football?



While planning my youngest son's birthday party last month, he kept coming up with all sorts of off-the-wall creative activities he wanted to play with his friends. We figured out how to create the Life-Sized Angry Birds game, angry birds pinata, and a birthday cake made entirely out of doughnuts:



Another thing he wanted to do was to play glow-in-the-dark Flag Football...oh, and I had one day to do it.

I ended up making skinny pockets from some old curtain sheers, I used the hem that was already sewn! I sewed across the hem with my machine several times to make 12 "pockets" and cut apart each one.

Next, I sewed one side of the Velcro to the back of the pocket and the other side to a length of rope long enough to tie around each child's waist. Each pocket Velcro-ed to a rope "belt".



Repeat 12 times...



Slide a glow stick into each pocket:



Now, PLAY!



Each team tries to pull the glowing flag from the opponent's belt. Moms, it's really hard to get a picture of this!

**Scroll down to join in on the Tutorial Tuesday party and teach me something!**
.

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on such short notice! Looks like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do glow in the dark football with our youth.. we've always just used large glowsticks to show the sidelines and let them wear necklaces to show which team they're on, but I love the idea of using the glowstick for the flag! Might have to add that to our game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a fun Mom! I know they had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! You really do deserve some kind of award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For slower fun my friend painted a croquet set with black light paint and they use black light flashlights... That and a bottle or two of wine makes for a really fun evening!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work